View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 08:23 PM   #42
grantsfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
sometimes I step back and realize that this is a 986 forum which puts the likes of me in the 987 in the minority....

BUT...after reading this thread.....if anyone can confuse the handling of a Mazda Sedan and label it as just as good as the boxster....you all need to trade up to the 987

My car will never be confused for anything else...nothing drives like it...of course I don't have the honor of spinning lambos but nothing under 100K I've been in feels remotely as good....I've spent sometime in the new Mercedes C350...not even close....I doubt the mazda 6 speed turbo supercharged awd compressor gtx rs sedan would come close
I dont think there are many places where a MS6 couldnt out run a 986 Boxster or a 987 non S Boxster. Track lap times of Mazdaspeed 6's are better than 986 Boxster S in many track comparisons and they run up there with M3's. MS6 I have seen beat majority of street tire clad Boxsters in AX events. Event last year my 100% stock Mazda on street tires beat 28 of 32 boxsters at a PCA AX ...many were on DOT R tires. It deserves some respect. I have 80,000 miles of boxster driving and AXing under my belt so I do know the sissy of Porsches (Boxster) pretty well. I have driven 987 as well and the Mazda has some definite advantages. Mazda is much easier to throw into turns than Boxsters and it handles transitions very well. Boxster has advantage in slower turns where momentum can be maintained. Mazda is much nicer for commute as I can leave it in 6th gear and use huge low end torque to pull the car. Boxster requires two down shifts to produce similar power.

I appreciate both cars. Dont really understand the need to make Porsche seem like its the best performer? Boxsters have a variety of handling ills, but they are still nearly as nice as my MazdaSpeed 6.

Last edited by grantsfo; 08-30-2008 at 10:21 AM.