Thread: Boxster vs. RX8
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 04:04 PM   #20
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_d
I know, a bit of a blowhard here, but a car is a car. If you want a car as appliance get a "honda". If you want a car with passion (whose cost is maintenance) get the boxster. Pocket the $4K for the warranty and invest it... use that money should anything go wrong.

Then.. Confirm if

1) you really want a convertible? I enjoyed mine but at times worried about the roof being vandalized and at times felt too "vulnerable" with the top down. Found it noiser up than I thought it would be as well.

2) you really want to bring the kids along? Not sure how old they are, but some states are quite overprotective about the use of car seats.. make sure they fit in whatever you get if in fact needed.

2b) Sometimes its nice to treat "1" kid for a ride in the fun car instead of all 3

3) If you cant afford the maintenance for ANY car (Porsche or other marque), why consider having a 3rd car at all? Theres tires, oil changes, brakes, suspension, clutches, INSURANCE, garaging costs, depreciation and so many other "costs" to car ownership. - conversely, maybe you should read this one as, Sell VOLVO, GET BOXSTER

4) Try another choice.. Like an E36 M3

Plus 1 on your #2 and #2b points. I wanted a Boxster 5 years back and was ready to pull the trigger when the wife reminded me we had 3 kids.....Doh. I folded and bought a Mustang Cobra Convertible, a pretty cool car though. About a year back I sold the Cobra and bought a Boxster S earlier this year, couldn't be happier. Also....it's a Porsche!!!
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote