View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 06:07 AM   #8
Brucelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil bastard
This is almost too weird.

Tonight, my wife and I went to see a movie. It was her choice and so she chose 'Mama Mia' (not really my thing, but as I said... her choice), all-in-all, not too awful for a chick flick (at least Pierce Brosnan, ex-James Bond was in it) .

It was such a nice night, we decided to take the bike (an '07 Moto Guzzi California Special). A neighborhood theatre, there was minimal street parking. But, there was an '07 Harley Davidson XL1200N Nightster in a space, so I decided to pull in, tail first, in the same spot.

The Harley was actually chained to a lamp pole with what looked to be about a 65lb. chain with a Kryptonite lock - overkill I thought.

Anyway, my wife brought a separate pair of shoes to change as she didn't want to be in her riding boots (suffering for ATGATT) through the whole film.

Well, in the confusion, what with changing shoes and stashing the helmets and jackets in the top and side cases etc., we went into the movie theatre and about an hour into the movie, I realized that I'd left the keys in the ignition (I carry my house keys on a separate ring and so didn't notice I was 'light'). So, I went out to retrieve them.

When I got there, thieves had cut out the light pole completely and taken it and the Harley, while my Guzzi sat 3 ft. away with the keys in the ignition !! Really dodged that bullet !!

Moto Guzzi California Special - MSRP $15,400

HD XL1200N Nightster - MSRP $9500

Who says crooks are smart...???
Speculation. The Nightster is hot right now. The Guzi is an unknown for the average low life stealer.

Any way, you got lucky.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote