View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
silver arrow

Anyone have a Raby rebuild yet?

I have been checking their site out and they are rebuilding and upgrading 2.5, 2.7, 3.2 and 3.4 M96 engines.

Does anyone in here have one of there engines? They say they can safely increase bore on the 2.5 and 2.7, increasing them to 2.7 and 2.9 respectively. With a good valve job, bore increase and ECU reprogramming they claim 260+hp with the 2.5 (bumped to 2.7). I would assume a few more hp with the 2.9.

Here is my thoughts on this. I think the ugraded and rebuilt Raby engines will last longer and run very strong, but they will not increase the value of your Boxster.

A 3.4l swap will cost about the same, have a few more ponies and will increase the value of your car, allowing some return on investment of the engine swap cost if you sell it. But I don't think the 3.4 will be anymore reliable than the 2.5 or 2.7 you took out the the car.

Anyone that has had them rebuild their engine please give me your thoughts, even if it was for a competition vehicle. I'd like to know your thoughts on dealing with Raby and how long it took to get the engine built.

Sean
silver arrow is offline   Reply With Quote