View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 07:35 AM   #1
johnchristoforou

Boxster 986 2.5 1998'!! To buy or not to buy???

Hi guys, and first of all congratulations for this wonderful forum!! I have spent many nights learning about this wonderful car named 'Boxster'!

I am currenlty located in Uk, and seriously thinking of buying a Boxster, as a present for myshelf finishing my postgraduate degree and finding a good job back in Greece!

So, I am thinking of spending something around 7.5 - 8k pounds (around 15k dollars maybe?), to buy a 986 2.5 1998' boxster! In this year and price region, I have around 30-40 options, with miles from 70k to 100k.

My questions are the following:
1) Do you think that a 10-year old 2.5 boxster can be a pretty reliable car to enjoy, and not turn into a money pit??? I am thinking that all the major problems and niggles must have been already sorted, with the car being 10 years old. Am I right????

2) What is an aproximate cost for maintenance per year that I should expect of a 2.5 1998 Boxster??? Does it have to be serviced every year or every two years?

3) Do you think that such a buy is a sensible think to do?? I am thinking this is a lot of a car for that money!! I am not expecting the car to be trouble-free, but I would like a fun reliable car with most problems sorted that I can enjoy!

Thank you guys in advance,

Hope to become one of you soon!
John!
johnchristoforou is offline   Reply With Quote