View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #20
smokey-burnout

I have yokohama ES 100's front and rear (17" sport package wheels ) Currently I have over 41,000 mostly highway miles on the rear tires. The previous tires were P zero's that I got just over 7,000 miles on even after an alignment at the dealer . The problem on these cars is not so much a tire issue but more of an alignment issue. The inside of the tires were worn out long before the outside of the tire was worn . To much negative camber is required just to get the toe setting correct. There is not enough adjustment in the factory toe links on the rear of the suspension to get the toe set correctly, thus you have to add more negative camber to get the toe set to zero . I did some modifications to the cross member and the control arm pickup points and pulled everything together with a cable puller , then torqued all the bolts back up and then set the camber then the toe. I went from 2 1/2 degrees on one side an 3 on the other to 3/4 and 1 degree with zero toe. These are light cars and these big tires should last a lot longer due to light loading then what most people are quoting that they get.
smokey-burnout is offline   Reply With Quote