View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 04:14 AM   #3
edevlin

I have been carrying the can of fix-a-flatand tire plugging kit for the better part of two years. Luckly, I have never had to use the system. I used to carry a compressor, but just got the jumbo sized can of fix-a-flat designed for bigger tires instead, it should have enough juice for my 18" tires.

I ocassionally put my spare tire in when I think I would not want to be relying on the repair route. When I do, I also bring some bungi cords and cloth to put on the rear deck for the flat tire, as the 18's will not fit in the trunks or in the car with a passenger.

With my lightweight battery and no spare, I save about 50 lbs from the front of the car. I saved another 30+ lbs from the rear end of the car with lightweight flywheel and exhaust system. My coilover suspension was setup for this weight distribution, and it seems to work great.

BTW, I just drove 1500 miles in my Boxster in the last 3 days. It is running great, no issues with 78K. I was getting a little over 28mpg with the top down and a running speed of 75 mph. I would really like to run throught a tank of gas on the highway to with the top up to see how the mileage changes, but I cannt bring myself to do it when the top can be down...

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote