View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #9
kimberly001

Well I fixed it, but it wasn't what I thought it would be.

I went to where I had parked it and began to disassemble everything to get into the engine compartment. I looked around for awhile and noticed no loose hoses or anything else that looked out of the ordinary (except the insane amount of dust!).

When looking around on line, it looked like the MAF was near the air filter. So I took the air filter out, but nothing looked out of the ordinary. When I looked down into where I pulled it out of, I noticed a small mulch type wood chip in the bottom over the white circular vent at the bottom of the air filter holder (I know y'all love these technical terms!) Anyway, I removed it and since I couldn't find anything else, put everything back together.

I decided to try the car one more time and it started up like a champ and reved and was ready to go. I'm going to assume that the wood chip, as small as it was which was about the size of your nail bed, blocked the air flow and triggered a sensor which caused it to not go anywhere. Does that make sense?

Thanks so much for everyones input. This is always the first place I come when looking for answers !

Kimberly
kimberly001 is offline   Reply With Quote