View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #5
releese78

Only about 10-15 minutes, it takes two people though because the top is a little heavy and you want to be careful not to scratch the car. The first install took a couple hours because I had to install the spinlock inserts and wire harness, then there were several adjustments that needed to be made in order to make the body lines fit correctly.

I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the top. It's not quite "Porsche Perfect" but close. My only complaints are that I have a slight wind-noise on the driver's side near the windshield seal, I'm sure some more tweaking can fix this. The headliner needs a little work too because they basically wrap a large sheet of plastic and glue it as an insert in the center. Pat said that it fell down once on him. One day, I'll take it down and find something a little lighter to use up there. I also had to use some 3/4" tall rubber stand off's between the bottom side of the top and the rear clamshell adjusters on the car. This brought the rear of the top up even with the body line of the car, before it was sunk down a tad.

Wind-noise is significantly decreased versus the soft top, however at idle it seems louder because my exhaust isnt quite stock. Visibility is slightly less than out of the convertible top for me because I'm so tall. I lose a few inches of visibility that used to be there in the soft top, but it's not bad at all.
releese78 is offline   Reply With Quote