View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #16
m2speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
I think Todd is going to have the best advice hear seeing as he's actually done this engine swap. Thank you Todd for giving us the info, it is appreciated!

I'm just going to throw in my 2 cents... You might want to give Instant G a call. They specifically make an aftermarket exhaust system for the 3.4 L Boxster conversion. From their website it sounds like it's pretty oversized for the application, so it may work well for a 3.6L too. I'd ask them. Plus they may be willing to make something to fit your car as they appear to be a small, custom order type of operation. I think their 3.4L system is about $3,000 complete (headers, mid-pipes, and muffler), so it's not cheap, but the quality and design appear to be top notch.

Kirk
Looks good but not crazy about that flat triangle collector.

I called B & B about an hour ago. I asked about the Cayman header they sell as fitting the 986 w/ 3.6L He didn’t think it would fit with out cutting it up and re-fabbing it. He thought that a custom set from scratch was the right answer if you have the equipment to do it. I do so I think I’m going that route.

He gave me the place where they buy their components to build stainless mandrel bent headers. They sell collectors, flanges and all the stuff to build a really quality set of headers. I would like the best size primary diameter and length to have it work as good as possible. They have many different high quality 3 into 1 collectors too. They sell 321 and 304 stainless parts. I have a mill, band saws, drill press, tig welder, torches, and other metal working tools to get it done.
Jeff