Thread: My dilemma...
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #13
teacher

I haven't read the other posts yet, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaman1204
Hi everyone, newbie here. I currently have an '03 Jaguar X-type with 38,000 miles. SO that means the warranty is getting ready to run out (gulp). I can get an extended bumper to bumper for 4 additional years or 22,xxx more miles for $1,050 through my credit union. OR, I can purchase an '02 Boxster Cab with 18,510 miles for $23,000. It has heated seats and hi-fi audio with in dash CD, which I assume is better than stock? But, my credit union wants $3000 for the same warranty, which is 4 years from the date you sign the warranty or 60,000 total miles. Just looking for some input about the '02 Boxster. One other thing, I live in Chicago, so no garage, just an open parking space off the street. Don't know if this would cause problems with the top, etc. Thanks for the input.
I would look over the fine lines of any extended warranty. I bought a warranty *sucker I was, I guess* and I was not covered for many items such as RMS leak and they even had a deductible of $75 for any warranteed claims. Look over the fine print. In my experience I have found that it's better to pay after as opposed to before, unless you have a fully comprehensive warranty, which will likely cost you more
teacher is offline   Reply With Quote