View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #11
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZ
Do you recommend the adjustable toe arms for street use?
In the front they should be able to adjust the car to within spec, about -1 degree of camber. The problem is in the rear. I think the spec is around -1.5 degrees or so (I'm just guessing). The first time around the guy aligning my car could only get -2.5. Later with more work he got it down to -2.0. If you want to actually hit the spec, you'll probably need the adjustable toe arms. Without them you'll run too much negative camber in the rear. Is that a bad thing? Well not really. It won't hurt the handling any but you'll get a lot more tire wear on the inside. So maybe you'll eat up tires more, but that may not be a big deal to you. It kind of depends on your priorities. Plus you have to weigh the cost of tires versus ~$400 for "good" adjustable toe arms.

Right now I've got -3.0 degrees in the back, -1.5 in the front, and I recently bought camber plates to get more negative camber in the front. Why? Because I'd rather have an aggressive autocross alignment and say screw the tires.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote