Thread: Carbon hood
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #7
nefarious986

Nah,

If these happen, they're not going to be fiberglass mat core. Forget that. If I am going to put it on my car to, its going to have about 4 layers of carbon, 2 on each side, and a honeycomb core.

That's the only way to make it as light as I want it. I am going to put it on my car after all.

If it happens, they'll come with the carbon finish, you can paint it however you see fit. You wouldn't want me just painting hoods and shipping it to you anyways. It would never 100% match your car even if I used factory paint.

I'm only gauging interest because if enough people is interested, then I can talk to those guys and see if I can bring the price down, other wise, its going to be a one off for me.

I dont understand why there's the misconception of 'rice' if the part offers performance advantage. Look at any super car, and its an explosion of carbon. And if you really notice, the cheaper models comes painted, the more expensive race version, its bare carbon. Paint has weight too !

It should be judge on a 'per car' basis.

Example:

88 accord 4dr with no mod except 3" tail pipe ... verdict = rice !

92 rx7 with b20 and supporting mods with the same 3" tail pipe that can put out almost 500 hp .. verdict != rice !

Whatever though. To each his own. Its your car that you gotta drive.

Last edited by nefarious986; 08-01-2008 at 03:46 PM.
nefarious986 is offline   Reply With Quote