View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #25
angman

Oh I also want to chime in that the Box is not meant for winning those stoplight battles. The box is a greta handling sports car that is just plain enjoyable to drive. Even if you did the engine swap etc what happens if you run up against and EVO or STI that has also had mods done to it?

I also agree that the Cayman is out if you like the convertible. The Turbos and C4S's are great cars but I also don't like the inferior rear engine. The back end just feels way to heavy when you throw the car around.

If money is a factor and you just want to be competetive for the time being I say save your money for the upgraded engine swap. It seems like a waste to do the swap when there is nothing wrong at the moment. Throw in a dry NOS system, have fun at the lights (if you must) and wait until the engine is toast before you do the swap. You will still be driving the car you love, and the laughing gas will keep you a tad happier and some money in the bank for when/ if you really do need a new engine. If the engine doesn't go then you're even happier and your car will still be great in the twisties.

Carbon Everything
De-ambered
De-snorkled
Litronics
Eibach Pro Kit
Dansk Sport exhaust
Cheap Chinese headers
Silver console and bumperettes
AVIC D3
15mm H&R spacers in the rear
SSR GT3 19's
GT3 Carbon Replicas
Alcantera door panels
JL Aduio 5 channel powering Polks and Clif Designs

To do/complete:
Elemental Designs 10" subs in fiberglass enclosures behind seats
Carbon 3 spoke install with custom stereo control buttons (tiptronic wheel)
angman is offline   Reply With Quote