View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #22
23109VC

sorry, but you're in the wrong car if you're worried about who can beat you at the light. I am on this forum SHOPPING and researching boxsters - I don't have one, but my dad does. I'm 36, and while i still love cars, I'm not into drag racing at every light. I love the boxster for how it sounds, handles, looks, but NOT because I think it will smoke people light to light. HOnestly, drag racing is really really stupid.

there is always someone faster. if you get caught up in that nonsense, you will always be looking for something faster. You'll get your motor swap, or your viper, and then when you get bored of smoking all the EVOs you go to a real drag track, and some guy in a v8 muscle car with wheelie bars and a true drag car will rape the $hit out of your "super fast" car and you'll be right back at square one.

there is always somone faster, someone smarter, someone with more money...the key is to be happy with what you've got.

if you really want to drag race - then get the Z06, and throw some bolt ons. there was a youtube video out there title was somethign like "EC hamptons" there was some club called EC- all these ferraris and lambos and one guy has a bolt on modded C5 Z06..yeah the old one, and he kicked all their a$$e$. do you think the guy in the Lambo really cares that he got beaten slightly by a $30k hunk of crap? No. because he's in alambo. he probably has some hottie in the passenger seat, and a few more bimbos back as his bachelor pad naked in teh pool..... ha ha point being - you have a Porsche. I'm shopping for one, and I'd be happy JUST TO GET your car and enjoy it.

don't sweat it that some other car can beat you. as soon as you get the viper, some guy in a modded 997 turbo will yank your headlights out and you'll be looking to sell/upgrade.. it's a never ending saga.

not to mention $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. i hpoe you are rich.

if you want a uniqe car, and you want something FAST - why not get a slightly used 996 or 997 turbo, and then have it modded. you'll have a VERY upscale wicked looking car - and those things can FLY. you won't be THE fastest caront he raod, but it will be a rare day when something with a license plate on it can keep up with you. i hope you he the $$ for that 'cause it won't be cheap.

for just having a great time driving a car - a boxster is hard to beat. it sounds exotic, it handles like it's on rails, it looks upscale and classy - and it is NOT super expensive. but it is NOT a dragster.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote