View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #13
Kirk

Wow, thanks for the link Topless. It was nice to see an article that wasn't written totally pro-police and anti-modification. That's really sad that they were cracking down on modified cars PARKED in a parking lot. I wonder if people could claim they towed their cars there.... It makes me wonder if I need to be worried about the next modern modified car show that I'm planning to attend. They could raid the car show too and haul off most of the cars. This is just sad. I've lived most of my life in the Mid-west and I've been loving the last three years I've lived in California, but this is one aspect of Cali I HATE - strict vehicle codes and emission laws. I'm still modding my car, but I'm also keeping it legal so I don't have hassles like this.

The cop questioning someone as to why they increased their car's horsepower if not for street racing is just idiotic. That would suggest that the only purpose for the Corvette, 911, and any other exotic is for street racing only as those are high horsepower machines....

Thanks for the tip on the CHP pickups with camper shell. I've seen them plenty of times, but I did not realize they were specifically targeted towards emissions compliance. That's good to know.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote