View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #43
cartagena

A Boxster is a great work of engineering that costs millions to develop. They are only so cheap because the are mass produced. I have to wonder how many thousands of hours would go into making a car like it from scratch.

A purse, well, it is a bag. Two or three hours work maybe? The only reason to have one is to say "look what I have that you were not willing to foolishly blow your money on". The ads for these purses say it all. Things like "no actress would be seen in Hollywood without her Hermes purse"....it makes me want to gag.

But I *DO* absolutely *AGREE* that people should be able to spend their own money on anything they want. That does not mean though that other people cannot make fun of them for buying something dumb.

I remember in SEA seeing knockoffs of these bags made of real crocodile skin for a couple hundred bucks. Maybe I should get one and sell it on that web site. I am sure no one would know. I will donate my profits to needy people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBunny
Actually, some of those bags probably hold their value better than your boxster. Like I say, it's all in what YOU want to spend YOUR money on. You have a boxster. There are women who could care less about a car and are happy driving a 10-year-old Honda but are serious about their handbag collections.

And where I live there are people living under the Claiborne overpass.