View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
Ike

Horsepower - Man's best friend!

Mr. VC,

Adam is right, up to the 987 platform, in which it is most practical to put a 997 motor-ie. the 3.8L, due to variocam and wiring harness issues (that can be hacked according to some members).

If you want to add more horsepower in the future, I would suggest getting the S model to start with. You get better brakes and better handling, which will definitely complement the added power. While the boxsters are quick by most standards, I get the biggest kick out of the G-force performance of its balance and responsiveness.

I had a 3.6L X51 "Power Kit option" motor dropped into my 2003 S by the folks at RUF. The motor, shipped from the Porsche factory, has output of 355 hp. With RUF's intake, headers, sport cats, muffler, and GT3 ecu the output is higher, but the RUF folks are modest and do not give an estimate for the increased output.

I can tell you this, The )$(*&% is FAAST! I just use the beast for canyon and pass runs here in the rockies. Mostly before the bears wake up. I am glad I started with an S, it is a fantastic sportscar.

Good Luck,
Ike
Ike is offline   Reply With Quote