View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 07:29 AM   #3
RandallNeighbour

Boywonder:

The interior of the tops did get better in later years... I have a 97 and my plastic window and lack of a head liner do smack of being cheap... but the top is down a vast majority of the time and you should keep this in mind. I think they put glass windows and headliners in the 03 or 04's... but those vehicles are still expensive.

The other bits of the interior aren't that great either in my 97. I updated the gear shift knob and the steering wheel to a 3 spoke by buying discarded stuff off Ebay. Fortunately, the Boxster has a lot of the same interior trim pieces as the 911 and you can swap them out easily (seats, center console, Ebrake, shifter, most dash pieces, door handles, etc. Never forget it may be cheaper just to drive your car over to a good auto upholstry shop and ask them what they can redo for you in genuine split leather... that's what I'm going to do.

The flip side of doing lots of leather inside a Boxster is that leather does not hold up well in direct sunlight... so the vinyl interior parts may do better than leather. Carbon fiber can be installed, but frankly, it's too glitzy and pricey for my taste.

Hope this info helps you make a decision.

By the way, not to dog you, but It was quite difficult to read your post! You'll get far more response from this list (made up of 40 year old guys and a few younger and older ones thrown in there) if you use capitalization, punctuation, and put a blank line between sentences and/or paragraphs. Think of it this way—it's a good habit to get into anyway because in business and universities it's required and expected. I've noticed we're all quite "old school" here in the way we post our messages—few learned to type cryptic SMS messages on cell phones. We all took typing class in high school :dance:

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 03-18-2005 at 07:31 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote