View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
RobZ

I've caught the bug!

I'm new to this forum and pretty much caught the bug a couple of weeks back. My wife was due any time so we needed to do some walking. We thought looking at fuel efficient cars would be fun and let us do some light walking. I stumbled across an overpriced three owner '06 Cayman and this '02 Boxster (2.7) with 48k miles. I already have a couple of family vehicles so a two seater convertible would work for daily driving to work (within five miles from my house). My last side car was a red Jaguar XK coupe and it was a blast to own (what a head turner!). It had all of the XKR details except for the engine. Anyway, I went home with the Porsche and a new baby boy within a 48 hour period. I stumbled across this forum and went to work.

Here's what Ive done so far:

-new wheels & tires, 18x8.5 and 18x10 w/ 225/40ZR-18 and 275/35ZR-18 Dunlops

-debaged

-desnorkled

-painted brake calipers (red)

-bumper plugs

-de-ambered front sides

-a bit of basic servicing: filters, wipers, etc. and detailing

I'm planning on changing the buperettes, adding H&R springs, possibly adding rear 1/2" spacers, and a few other things in the next few weeks. I'm debating getting a Zeintech top but for $5k and a bit of work to get on and off, I'm not convinced.

Here's some pics. Being a new owner I'd appreciate any and all advice, suggestions, comments, etc. Thanks.

Last edited by RobZ; 07-13-2008 at 03:51 PM.
RobZ is offline   Reply With Quote