View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #14
nola911

That's odd, why do the GT3s not come with a 3.8? Anyway, the point is that all watercooled Porsche engines are plagued with the lottery even this fella's new Porsche.

Also, I'm not arguing about the speed, everyone should want the latest and greatest, no doubt, I was just saying that if your one a tight budget, the speed difference is not a HUGE factor. Hell, if we can shove price aside, I would recommend a f430, which I am sure is more fun to drive than any of the above.

If drag times 1/4 mile is our topic of conversation in 2001, the difference between the boxster and carrera is 1.1 second, which happens to also be the same as the difference between the carrera turbo and naturally aspirated. The S comes in at only .6 slower than the 996. I don't know any info on passing power ect., which does not seem important to the original poster's quest for his new car. None of this changed my opinion of what car to own, my 986 was too slow for my butt dyno after I drove the MUCH more powerful 996.

I am not picking sides, in fact for his use I already recommended the boxster, which is admittedly the most fun car I have ever owned. I promise I will be back into the boxster/cayman when the 987 platform becomes affordable to me.
nola911 is offline   Reply With Quote