View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 08:56 AM   #3
23109VC

I've seen the Base vs. S threads...i'm not really trying to start THAT one.

I"m on curious as to actual handling. I have driven my dad's base - he has the M030 suspension package and 18" wheels. while i havent' driven any ferraris or lambos - i have driven quite a few "sports" cars that are supposed to be super handling type cars. in my opinion, his boxster is one of the BEST handling cars I have ever driven. it's like you are one with the car. I absolutely LOVE it. which is why I now want to buy one.

i'm not so focused on raw power and whether the base or S is "faster"... but i'm curious, from the perspective of a person who will be trying to purchase the newest/lowest mileage car for the best price - I can always find a base model that does NTO have the M030 and add it. OR I can find an S model that has standard "S" model suspension.. my question is whether the "S" model regulard suspension, which I believe it "better" than the base models' would be AS good as the base model with M030?

base model vs "S" model suspension vs M030

if the base model is a 5 and the M030 is a 10.
is the "S" model suspension a 6, 7, 8, or 9.?? meaning...where is the best bang for the buck in terms of suspension....

no point looking high/low for a low mileage base model with M030 if I can find an "S" for similar money with "regular S" suspension IF the "S" suspension is an 8. I might not notice that much different.

if the S suspension is a 6 and the M030 is a 10 - I might notice THAT.

I want my car to be on rails.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote