View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #9
AddictionRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
I understand you logic and why you love the car. It would worry me that the used 3.4 engine could let go too. This does happen in the other motor sizes I understand.

Just a thought, albiet a discomforting one.
For $15k I can have them put in a brand new Porsche factory 3.4. My mechanic has flat-out refused to install a used 2.5 or 3.4, which I agree with. I have already ruled out the possibility of a new 2.5 because $11k for essentially what I originally had is just plain silly.

Probably the only two realistic options are:

1. Sell the car for whatever I can get for it as a roller (Any ideas what $$ that might be??)

2. My mechanic recently put a new 3.4 in a 996 race car that was then wrecked on the track. He is looking in to how much it would cost to acquire and install that motor for me.

If I can get that "new" 3.4 in the car for under $13K I'll probably do it and then keep the car indefinitely. If that's not possible I'll likely dump it. I paid cash for the car, but I'd have to beg my dad to loan me the money for the new motor. I bought a condo 3 months ago and am out of cash after the 986 purchase and repairs.
AddictionRacing is offline   Reply With Quote