View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 05:24 AM   #14
nola911

blah blah blah, I hate magazine hype.

First- Think of it this way, porsche used a timeless design on the cayman tat mimics a 40+ year old set of lines. It also incorporates a mid engine. I promise that the cayman will be one of the most sought after collectors cars in the future. The pontiac will look old in 3 years when they come out with a new design. The BMW will probably last a little longer but I think they went too angular with this run. As for current production, here and now the Pontiac is a great looking car but does not stop traffic like the sleak lines of the cayman, which in my opinion is the best looking Porsche ever built.

Second- The quality of the three cars is not comparable, don't believe me, go test drive them. The Cayman and BMW are much better feeling cars.

I would compare the pontiac, the saturn, and the chrysler to one another, but stop it right there.

I may be biased, but it is my future plans to trade my 996 for a cayman in the upcoming years. To trade it for something American made would be foolish in my opinion.

On the other hand, I do like that the solstice can be bought with full warranty and low miles for 15k on ebay, as it would probably be a fun to daily driver so the porsche can avoid the deadly potholes and traffic of new orleans.
nola911 is offline   Reply With Quote