View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 09:32 PM   #18
944boy

Because it was mentioned. I drive my Boxster daily. In fact except for about 6mo. I have always driven a Porsche as a DD. My dad has a 993 he uses every day.

We had a Toyota Celica ('87), that occasionally had to be rescued by my 944. Even my mom's M3 has left her stranded.

In nearly 100K miles only 3 times did my 944 leave me stranded. Only once was it major (clutch, original at 180K). That car now has 230K miles.

Personally a well built (albeit expensive) car is worth it. A civic is great as a beater, but a Porsche is more rewarding to drive. I got to ride in a brand new '09 I think V6 accord. A stripped base v6 it cost about the same as what I paid for my '05 base. It was nice, much improved from previous models. But its still a toaster.

As sad as it is that GM can't produce a good car to save their lives, it's true. We knew one couple who traded their 996 for a Corvette and a few months later got another Porsche and ditched the vette.

I also got to drive a G6 GT, it was crap.... The traction control didn't do anything, not that it could spin the tires (I tried, it was an auto however)

I won't say a Porsche is 'cheap' to own, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
944boy is offline   Reply With Quote