View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #17
Jaxonalden

Garage
It's a shame that Detroit, trying to keep up with the rest of the world, is always shooting themselves in the foot with all these models that don't cut the mustard. Have you seen how thin the metal body panels are on a Dodge? Not sure but I think GM still uses those cheap ass throttle body injection units. I believe their main problem is that the UAW is making them design with their hands tied behind their backs and their heads up their ass's. What I mean is the Union basically holds the big three hostage an threatens them with striking unless their over-inflated demands are met. With that, auto makers end up paying way more than the worker is worth for the job they do. The benefits package? Well we won't get into that.

And people wonder why Detroit can't produce a car that will keep up with the foreign models. That's easy to see why, to keep profit margins up for the investors and after paying the ransom from the UAW, they have to skimp on matrials and technology (which in the end equals quality) to keep the cars in a price range that the majority can afford.

What ever happened to loyalty? If workers treated their jobs like they were on a team and sacrificed themselves for that team I think we would produce a car that no one could touch. But since we don't have that I guess that's what they call "capitalism".