View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 07:00 AM   #20
Perfectlap

As much as the people are sick of people blaming the oil companies I'm sick of people blaming politicians. Who votes for these politicians? The secret council of the Water Buffalo club? Polticians do what the people want. If they don't they get voted out. People didn't care about hybrids, electric cars, and all the other alternatives, instead they jumped all over the big suv's because gas got cheap again. Tom Friedman advocated a $1 tax when gas was $1.85 to spur the industries like these guys with the electric Porsches. Not the approach I would have advocated but the people weren't hearing any hybrid car talk whe car loans were abundant. No more car loan money now and gas will be $6....nice.
As Americans we waste, waste, waste. If its not gasoline we waste food, something insane like 25% of all food bought makes its way into the trash. Before we blame Washington we need to take a long look at ourselves.

As for where to get electricity to power the electric cars. I believe if you build....ingenuity will provide (as long as there is money to be made). Creating new industries that provide cheap electrical power is the shot in the arm that this country needs after we allowed this govt to ship all of our manufacturing jobs to Asia. If enough people buy these cars there are enough clever blokes that will pour some big money into ramping up the delivery of cheap elctricity, hydrogen whatever just no more oil. Whether its Owens Corning making composites for wind mill blades producing insane amounts of power compared to 10 years ago, thin film solar panel technology driving down the costs in a hurry we need to be after these industries before the rest of the world once again beats us to the punch. Germany is already way ahead on wind and China is making big moves in Solar. Nuclear is kinda of a panacea, the wait time for the reactor domes is nearly 12 years and oh yeah the waste...
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 06-24-2008 at 07:03 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote