View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 08:41 AM   #12
Kirk

Don't get depressed by the Boxster on Autotrader for under $4K. 99.9999% it's a complete scam. I did a lot of shopping on Autotrader a few months ago when I was going to ditch my old Honduh DD. What I found was that every time I found a nice car for an unbelievable price it was a scam. If it's too good to be true on Autotrader, then it probably is!

As for the $10K Boxster from a dealer, I would be a bit weary of that one. The front trunk just looks wrong to me... no spare tire, trunk light out of place, some of the carpeting clearly pulled out where it shouldn't be, plastic covers missing, etc. This would suggest possible front end damage repair. I'd look at this one pretty carefully at that price.

I saw something similar at a local dealer - 2001 Boxster S. The dealer claimed no previous accidents or repairs. The problem was that I could clearly see that the radiator shroud on the passenger side was missing. Now this is a huge piece of rubber that directs air over the radiator. It can't just fall out! The ONLY way it could be missing is if the front bumper was removed... obviously for damage repair. The dealer was unquestionably lying.

Bottom line though I could care less how much our Boxsters depreciate. I absolutely love my car. I'm in it for the long haul and will keep this car just as long as I can, so I'm not really concerned with its resale value. Some of these low prices though do entice me to get another Boxster down the road to replace my Honduh as my DD.
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote