View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 07:21 AM   #16
Perfectlap

EVO is another autocross school but they charge $250 which cuts the number of cars in a big way which means more seat time and less standing around. They have a Phase I and Phase II. I did Phase I as a half day event because I'd already done about a season of autocross at that point. It's all the basic stuff and they set up a very uncomplicated course. You'll find that with AutoX it becomes repetitive after about 15 events because you only have about a half dozen types of gates: hairpin, slalom, six pin, chicago box, slight turn, long turn, etc.
I did the Phase II as a whole day and the course was much more complex and technical like a long straight leading into a very tight turn leading into a hairpin so you only had about a half second to get on the brake before you were plowing through a bunch of cones...which of course I did three times in a row! Its a very busy course.

Here's the link for the NJ PCA
The guy that runs autocross there runs a tight ship so you usually get at least 10 runs and you're done in the shortest amount of time. But the best part is that SCCA run their Englishtown events on the same day so the autocross following isn't all bunched into to the same venue. The non-Porsche drivers get classified into an X group where they all compete against each other no matter engine size.
I think if you join the PCA you get a 10% service discount at some NJ Porsche dealers so it pays for itself.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote