View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #13
Perfectlap

autox can be a bit grueling, particularly in the NY area. I used to come out for the NY SCCA at Nassau but there were just TOOOO many guys showing up. They had to do three sessions to get everyone in. And the Sunday afternoon traffic was a nightmare. I did the EVO school there and it was great, he did half of it in a monsoon which was pretty cool.

You'll have better luck in NJ in terms of seat time, particularly the PCA events. It's more skill development oriented where the SCCA and others are more geared toward competition. The Giants Stadium venue is very good for Autocross, the lot is very open and they usually don't put the cones so close that you can't get going.

By the way, Autox may seem like a chore but you'll sharpen your skills with the brake and throttle about 1000% more than you would in a DE where you have forever to set up for a corner. Safer Autocross drivers make for safer track drivers. It took me a solid 12-15 autocross events before I could stay focused on the next gat rather than being target fixated on the gate I was currently in.

www.autox4u.com
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote