Thread: Wheel Woes
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 03:32 AM   #7
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
I got the new lug nut and I can deal with $8.50, and there isn't much I can do about them rethreading the hubs. They didn't change the threading but they tried to correct it because it was slightly stripped. They did torque the lug nuts. I just won't be going back though.

I am an looking at a halon extinguisher. After spending 3-4 hours cleaning the powder out of the trunk, I am just glad it didn't go off in the car. Can anyone make a recommendation for a halon extinguisher under $120?
Also, how big of an extinguisher do you need? The average seems to be 2.5 lb. but would a 1.4 lb. be alright?
Sorry to hear about that. That tire dealer sounds like the Discount Tire shop I took my mom's Benz to, to get new tires. Real sloppy service. I purchased 4 new tires from them, and when they installed them, they put wheel weights on 3 of the tires (one didn't have any put on), and when I touched one of the weights lightly, it fell right off. Then I take a look at each wheel, and notice that only one of them has tire valve covers on them. I ask them to find the other 3 metal covers, and they can't find them, so they offer me 4 cheap plastic covers with a faux chrome look. Never again.

For your own safety's sake, I would suggest that in a week after driving the car, go back and check the torque values of the wheel where they re-threaded the hub. It should be at 96 ft lbs. You don't want the wheel coming off at speed.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote