View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 08:15 AM   #3
ekam

It's funny that I had never considered the Boxster until my friend told me "A guy at your age should drive a sports car... like a Boxster."

That same friend is going to check out the car with me this afternoon.

I was so fixated on getting an IS300, as that was really the car I want to buy ever since "Altezza" in Japan came out. Unfortunately, all of the 5spd manual IS300 (made between 02-05) for sale are all in bad shape and/or owned by kids who modify them and asking for a lot of $ for what they're worth.

I admit I did not know the Boxster was at a price range that I can afford, and it requires very little modification to be enjoyable. And of course, it's a Porsche!

I understand it's a car that needs to be taken care of and the repair bill will certainly be higher than my bullet-proof Toyota. But it is very boring and no matter what I do I cannot pickup any chicks in it!

Depending on the warranty status of that car, I'll try to do simple work like brake jobs if I can, and I'll certainly participate any local Porsche events/meetups and gain more knowledge from fellow Pcar owners.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote