View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
thenavarro

Does anyone here know the market for a non-running 1972 911 T Targa?

In addition to my Boxster, I have a 1972 911 T Targa. It was my daily driver until about 2004, when I got the bright idea of buying a 69 912 that had a 993 wide body kit, and I was going to take the engine and tranny from my 72 911 T and transplant it. Needless to say, I never completed that project. I moved the engine and tranny back into my 72 911 T, and now I can't get it to run. It's just been sitting in my driveway deteriating and gathering dust/dirt/etc for the past several years. The Targa top needs to be replaced, it does have some rust, and its non running, BUT it ran fine and was my daily driver until I took the engine out and I'm not smart enough to get it back in right so I don't think it's anything major wrong with it. The engine is not original to the car, the original one was replaced in the 90's with one from a 1969 911 so it is a 2.0 liter, not a 2.4. The seats are not original, and the interior needs some TLC. I also added a whale tail. Car also has now a 930S steering wheel. THESE PICS ARE FROM 2002, THEY ARE NOT CURRENT. I haven't cleaned it up to take current pictures. Given the information above, what would I potentially get from selling it as is where is, with the buyer coming to get it in non-running condition? I'm located 30 miles South of Dallas. THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE POST, JUST TRYING TO GET AN IDEA OF THE POTENTIAL MARKET IF I WAS TO DECIDE TO MOVE IT.

Mike

thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote