View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
Burg Boxster

like any and every other mfg, Porsche has had some motor issues. They (PAG or PCNA) won't release statistics so no one, regardless of what you here/read anywhere else, knows exactly how many, where, why, how, blah, blah, blah. Suffice to say, if it were "rampant", I'm sure the NHSTA, FTC would have launched an investigation a long time ago. Or even the "good" senator from PA would investigate - of course that's after he's finished reviewing all the NFL Patriot tapes .

Anyhow, most of the issues I've read/heard about happened early in the life and those w/ motors 40K+ seem to be in the "clear". Having said that, my '99 just hit 30K and other than the first few weeks of ownership, I gave up worrying about it a long time ago. Relax and enjoy the car and all of it's capabilities b/c it's tough to smile when you're constantly worried about it. Remember this quote.......

"If the biggest thing you have to worry about is a bum motor in your Porsche, then you really have nothing to worry about at all."

Congrats, enjoy your new ride and make sure you post a pic of it soon
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote