View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 07:37 AM   #11
RandallNeighbour

Holy crap. My 1997 with 105k is worth nothing, especially when I consider all I've put into it.

I can never sell my car. Period.

This seals the deal. I will drop a 3.6 in it like Tholyoak did before I consider selling it for a new one. I'll forge ahead with my leather interior work, and I'll save up for a proper paint job and new top.

Reminds me of the story about a city boy who used a farmer's outhouse while taking a drive through the country. Before he left the farm, he told the farmer that when he cleaned out the hole (ignorant assumption) that he should retrieve the pocket change that fell down into it.

The foolish farmer ran to his mattress, took out a fistful of cash, and threw it down the hole to his wife's horror and dismay. She said, "Why are you throwing our life savings in that stinky hole?"

He said, "If you think I'm going down there for a little pocket change, you're nuts!"

And so it goes with our aging Porsches. I'm throwing my life savings at this car to keep it running well although it's anything but an investment.

And now, back to the accurate valuation and condition of said 1999 Boxster, Forcefed!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote