View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 06:51 AM   #16
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Perfectlap, how fast were you going in 6th gear to only have 2100 RPM.

In 6th gear, at about 65-70 mph I am right at about 3,000 RPM.
The speed limit on the Parkway here in NJ is 55. I pretty much stuck to it (saw two people get pulled over by the troopers). It really amazes me how fast people drive while they cry about high gas prices. The average speed was 20-25 miles over the limit and I'm sure the passing lane was well above that.
IMHO opinion the Roadster experience isn't that much different at 60 then at 80.
As a matter a fact at highway speeds I see no difference between any rate of speed until you go over 90+. I guess driving faster than you need to is like passing by a free buffet after you had dinner at home, 90% of Americans will eat a sandwich off the buffet even if they aren't hungry, simply because they can.

Most of my miles are done on the Parkway, I think I'm going to employ the "sticking with speed limit" tactic and see how much less I'm spending on gas over the next few months. If I want to stretch the BoxsterS' legs I go to the autocross 10 minutes away. It would be great if the Boxster had an electric back up for highway driving that you could remove and go fossil fuel during real hp driving. I'm way to frugal to blowing $60 on a tank of gas. This bs is getting crazy.
And that's coming from a guy that only drives weekends.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 06-03-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote