View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #14
edevlin

I have two sets of wheels for my car. I am on the third set of rear PS2's with the same set of front tires, fronts still look great. I only get a little over 5K out of a set of rear PS2's, so in order to keep from breaking the bank, I got a set of the Nexen 3000 for my second set of wheels.

As you would expect, there is a lot of difference in the two tires. The Nexens are nice and quiet and have done suprising well in heavy rain on the interstate. But they do feel heavy, not very responsive and not very sticky compared to the high-priced PS2. To get some sidewall stiffness it seems to help for me to keep 36/42 lbs fronts and rears with the Nexens.

When I first put the Nexens on, I thought I would have a hard time living with them, just comming from a set of PS2's. But after a couple of thousand miles, they dont seem too bad, especially for the money. I think paid under 500.00 for all four tires delivered, mounted, and road-force balanced. You can tell they have a harder rubber compound as the Nexens will squeel somewhat on hard cornering where the PS2's just stick (as they leave an expensive track of their sticky rubber compound on the road).

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote