View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #20
gball

Found this thread as I was searching this morning. Question: if the key is 'locked out" will the red LED still flash?

My key went out on me yesterday morning. It worked fine when I left the house 0 It seemed as though the range was significantly down, but it opened the car. Same on the way back home: I drove home from where I was, and when I got home the transmitter no longer worked. The LED does not flash.

My ket exhibits the symptoms described here, and I have put a known working battery in the unit to make sure that it wasn't just a dead battery. But the battery was fine - the unit just does not work and no LED, either. I can of course manually open the door and start the car (it will go beep if I don't put the key in and turn the ignition within perhaps 30 seconds) and then relock the car manually.

The hood releases will not work unless the key is in and the switch in the accessory position, and the door locks will not work from inside the car - I need to shut the door and lock manually.

Do you guys think this is a symptom of the key being "locked out" and the thing will start working again if I follow this procedure, or do you think it's something more sinister, like the thing has died and needs replacement?

One other thing: this particular key is only 2 months old. The dealer lost my key while the car was in for service and had to order an new one to replace it. This is the replacement and has worked fine since they originally programmed it.

Your thoughts on this are appreciated.
gball is offline   Reply With Quote