View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
Dragonwind

Nice drive ends with a pop and a fire!

I was out today test out part of a route I have planned for a PCA coffee run tour and all was well. I went to a friends place who invited us over, pull into the driveway and when I was backing up I heard a loud POP and I see my friend yeall to me 'You've got a fire!".

The flames were quickly doused (about 20 seconds I think). I took the rear wheel off and it was what I figured. Where the power steering hose runs the new exhaust headers were just barely touching it and it eventually burned through. The hydraulic fluid went all over the manifold and caught fire. I did a quick inspection and nothing seems damaged from the fire but it is not at Musante Motorsports to get the hose repaired and a damage inspection.

The good part of this is that it happened when it did and we were able to contain the fire so rapidly that there was no major damage. I am sure I'll have the car back in a couple of days buy what I heart breaker!

Chris