View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #34
Couper1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Couper, I don't mean to single you out, but I think this whole I'm better than you because I drive a Porsche mentality stinks. I'm sure you were just "joking" around, but it just perpetuates the public's perception that P-car owners are snobs. Why fall into that stereotype and be that "guy?" S2000 owners might very well have scoped out a boxster but went with the Honda instead for various reasons. Engine reliability comes to mind. I hear honda engines are pretty reliable and I think it's cool that they can sqeeze 240 hp out of 2.0L or 2.2L. Again, don't take it personally I've just seen this attitude on this and other boards and I think it needs to be pointed out. I know that I'm beating a dead horse here so I'll just leave it at that.
Adam, I have to admitt I was very shocked by your response to my post. After all, this is a Porsche Boxster Forum for Porsche Boxster Owners. If we're going to be "Badge Snobs" this is the one Safe Haven where we should be able to do it .........or so I thought. That's probably why you tend to see other people displaying this type of attitude here. It's our own little roost where we can crow. I never said I was better then anyone else, and I certainly know that I'm not. I do feel that P-cars are head and shoulders above the majority of manufactures out there when it comes to design, engineering, and heritage. I'm sure you feel the same way.
I understand your frustration about Porsche owners having that snobby image, but I'm not saying this in public, I'm saying it here on 986 forum. Really, I'm not a snobby guy. I'll never forget a joke I heard when I was a kid. It goes, What's the difference between a Porcupine and a Porsche?? Answer: The Porsche has it's prick on the inside. Lol. Well here I am 30 years later and now I own one. (Porsche not a Porcupine)
Bottom line, That "snob Image" about us p-car owners might exsist, but I have only met a VERY FEW that live up to that image. I think it's more about people jumping to conclusions about us, or being a little jealous of us. I'm sure it's the same with BMW and Mercedes owners as well. Sorry I got you upset over the remark. I will try to be more politically correct in the future. No hard feelings
PS, Now I've beat that horse to death.
Couper1 is offline   Reply With Quote