View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
pteam

See my writeup with pics here http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=105970#post105970

I'll copy it for ya:

Ok just installed the KLIGHT HID Xenon kit tonight. Its amazing. Very easy to install. Takes about 2-3 hours just to take your time and make sure you do everything right etc, especially if you've never taken out the headlights. Just as good as my lamborghini lights.

These 10k's that I bought have no purple or violet in them at all except for a few seconds while they're warming up. Now maybe other brands of lights do have their 10k bulbs have purple in them, but these do not. On the contrary my lamborghini lights pictured below are very purple and a little bit brighter but I'm sure the lamborghini lights are like $10 grand or something. And these lights are MANY times brighter than the stock bulbs.

Also I have to disagree, even though the lights I got for the Porsche arnt purple at all, the factory Lamborghini lights are purple, so are some Audi's and BMWs and this is definately not "ricer" like some have said. I would say the stock Lamborghini lights are closer to 12000K purple and they are BRIGHTER than the HID lights just put in the Porsche even though a higher number. So the whole thing about sacrificing saftey is untrue when the Lambo purple looking lights are brighter and light up more of the road. I stood right next to each of them side by side tonight and compared.

For $200 this is the best thing you can buy and much cheaper than $1200-$1400 for porsche's HID litronics. I would bet that if I asked 10 regular people on the street they would all think these lights are straight from the factory at porsche.

IMO the stock porsche bulbs are a joke, if you don't have the litronics from the factory, something has to be done. The stock bulbs look like bulbs from a 1970 volvo...

I'll try to get around to posting a DIY guide this week. Tommorrow we're installing the heated seats I'll let you know how that goes!

Also here are a few pics from the ebay auction which I must say are very accurate.

10000K lights

Also a picture of my Porsche 911 from years ago with litronics:

Also here is a video of the lights (3mb) , they start off a richer darker color then as they warm up after a few seconds they go into the nice blue color. This video gives the most accurate representation of the color especially near the end of the video as the color changes for the first 10 seconds as the lights warm up - http://www.pteam.net/porschelights.wmv (right click open in a new window)

Hope this post / guide / comparison tests between a few different vehicles and bulb colors helps some of you guys out. I really urge you to AT LEAST get replacement bulbs for your Porsche for $30-$50 as this would at least double the output of the stock Porsche bulbs, and also not look horribly ugly but if you can do the whole HID kit this a great upgrade to the look and safety of your car for a small amount of money!
Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote