View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #16
Chills

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000SoCalBoxsterS
My GT3 seats were $1,500 a piece. I know it's a lot of money and I could have bought used one's off ebay yada yada yada, but I didn't want used ones. I also wanted to try them before I bought them. So I did. Liked them and took a pair.

You make an excellent point about the extra maintenance, tires, oil, brake pads, brake fluid changes... how about gas? What does that cost at the track?

Well my son dropped out of college which was costing me $30K a year, and my wife just finished her Masters degree which was costing me almost $40K a year so I figure I've got about $70K in disposable income that I'm used to spending every year anyway so now I can spend it on me for a change!
I checked out Suncoast Porsche and they were about $1500 a piece. That's a lot, but I agree there's nothing like new and genuine Porsche.

I only burned a little more than 1/4 of a tank at the track, but it was only 3 sessions. I got gas at the Shell station in town. I'm sure gas at the track is a lot more expensive.

Damn, 70K a year in disposable income? You can buy a new Boxster each year. Are you looking to adopt a 31 year old as a son?

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote