Thread: Kirk's Ride...
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #44
Kirk

Thanks Gary. I am a bit of a chrome lover from my big, fat, cruiser motorcycle days where EVERYTHING gets chromed out. That's kind of the idea in the back anyway - polished wheels, clear lights, chrome exhaust tips and license plate surround.

I've got the Maxspeed chrome oil, brake, and windshield wash caps too and lots of chrome fasteners/covers inside the two trunks. I'll get some more pics once everything is really done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in BR
There is the cutout option to increase the sound of the new exhaust. It would add even more weight but its an option.
Yes, yes, yes.... the engineer in me really wants to fab something up and it actually will be pretty easy with this exhaust. That's probably my next big project. I'm going to run bypass valves from the mid-pipes straight to the exhaust tips. If I have to go with the electrically controlled valves (rather than vacuum controlled, which are hard to source), then I've found that MSD makes an RPM adjustable control switch. With that you can even set the valves to only open after a certain RPM - pretty trick. If you're still considering this mod for your car we can collaborate and I can give you some details on the control scheme I'm planning. I might not start on my car though until the fall...
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote