View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
drWalter

finally got my boxster

Hi all,

I've been browsing this board for many months, only posted once before to get some help in my boxster search (thanks to those who responded!). Today I went with a couple of friends to pick up my "new" baby: a 2004 boxster S, guards red on black with all the options that I was looking for and more. She has about 48000 km (30k mi) and just came off lease, still has a couple of months of factory warranty left, with full service history (PPI done by biggest P dealer in Montreal was clean).

I bought locally rather than trying to save some more $ by buying a US car due in some part to my current health status: I'm just finishing half a year of chemotherapy for leukemia, which seems to have worked. I'm due for PET and CT scans early next week to hopefully confirm remission status. Anyway, I decided to shop for a boxster while I was in the hospital undergoing initial treatment last October, and now finally pulled the plug in time for the nice summer weather. Besides apparently being well cared for, the car has xenons, PSM, hifi sound, heated seats, great 18 in carrera wheels, and rather nice side skirts (is this the partial aero package?).

The drive back home was great. I stopped at my friend's house for a while, and got 3 or 4 compliments on the car from passersby while we were standing in front of his house. The car really does impress the unwashed around here :-)

I'll try to attach a few pics to give you an idea of what my baby is like. Hope this works.
drWalter is offline   Reply With Quote