View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 05:32 AM   #12
skip_168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
Unfortunately, they probably need the barcode itself so they can feed it into the computer. Then using a database, get the freq values/codes (which yes you have) into their software for programing the car. It's much like a UPC barcode in stores. The clerk probably doesn't know and could care less what price is printed on a sticker or sign, it's all about what's in the database and they don't know that until they scan the barcode.

That being said, all you need to do is find out is the barcode format they use and convert your values into it a barcode. Basically the barcode "idiot proofs" the process for a technician who [most likely] has very limited RF experience. Their process is probably not a two way system which could easily be subject to technician error (or worse - exploitation). That'd be my guess at least.

Anyhow, if someone has a picture of their barcode tag from a new key, please post it. I can try to scan and decode. If the freq values are in the code itself (we'll compare to the info you have), we might be able to make a corresponding barcode for you.

Good luck!
This is all true... these guys at the dealer just scan & press the "yes" button.. now I did have a bit of luck.. I found a paper tag with a barcode, part number and other letters on it.. I bought my car used, so I don't know if it is for the key.. here is the bad news.. I only found 1. there should be one for each key.. its a valuable clue though..

anyhow, I'll post up a pic asap..

skip_168 is offline   Reply With Quote