View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
Jaxonalden

Garage
New Set of Headers for my '04 S

Just got a set of headers off of EBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Racing-Header-for-Porsche-Boxster-986-2-5l-2-7l-3-2l_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742Q2em153Q2el1262Q QcategoryZ33631QQihZ016QQitemZ260238624570 .

I just got the headers in from China! Yea I know, allot of you are saying "Why didn't you just go to Wal-Mart and buy 'em?". The cost was $100 for the set (including gaskets) and $50 shipping. Well the shipping took 3 days, from CHINA!!! The quality is outstanding, 304 stainless steel, mandrel bends, a flange that I swear is half inch thick (no warping), two O2 bugs (per header) and chrome plated. I figured the tubes would be thin but their thick also. So thick I don't think there will be any weight savings even with the removal of the front set of cats.
I'm not writing this as some sort of promo for this foreign company, I writing this as info only to a group of 986 enthusiasts. The cost, quality, value and speed of delivery impressed me. I can't see an American company selling this product for this price. I'm going to try and find the time this weekend to install them. It's a shame their under the car because they are gorgeous to look at, even my wife thought so after finding out I bought them without her knowledge . I can't wait to fell the difference in the seat of my pants at the track!!

Last edited by Jaxonalden; 05-14-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Jaxonalden is offline   Reply With Quote