View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #3
Tool Pants

I use to know my bras. I bought one in 1999 when I got my car. I only use it now when we have drives because the car in front of you will kick up rocks and gravel. Some local guys who track their car also put it on for the same reason.

Colgan in Southern California makes the bra sold by Porsche. We called it the old style or full style that covers the top of the fenders. That is what Ronzi and I have. Back then you use to be able to buy it from Colgan or Porsche. The difference was if you bought it from Porsche it had a crest on it and cost more. Then Colagan would not sell the full style, so you could only buy the full style from Porsche.

Then Colgan came out with a new style bra that did not cover the top of the fenders. That is what is in the picture. This is the only one Colgan would sell, and Porsche did not sell this style. I always thought it looked funny, unlike the full style. Back then I actually bought both styles and returned the new style.

I have no clue who currently sells what.

Some local owners have the 3M clear film stuff. I do not see how that is going to stop a rock from chipping your paint if it hits hard enough, unlike a padded vinyl bra.

There is only one sure way I know to avoid paint chips and tickets. Don't drive the car. I am on the UK and the German boards and they think we are crazy with this bra stuff. So I tell them we only use it on the race track....
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote