View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #9
renzop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk335
Fundamentally, the Boxster will always be a sweet ride. I just can't believe there will be such a price descrepancy in just some minor updates.

But then again, the increase in HP and change in design would be cool. The used market on the East Coast is scarce. Not sure if the economy is making people to hold on to their cars while we experience this slump...

Are there any official pictures of the 09. Does anyone know if the interior has been tweaked?
There are no official '09 pics. Also I hear the '09 Boxsters won't be out until late 4th Q as they don't want to steal the thunder of the HP increase for the 911.

Also, don't be surprised if the '09 prices rise more than a few hundred dollars. The US dollar is down considerably relative to the Euro. Porsche can make a lot more money selling their wares in Europe, especially Eastern Europe and the middle East.

I would go for the bargain '08. The HP difference is not going to be 30, more like 15-20. The fuel economy will get better by a bit but is all that worth a $9-10,000 premium over an '08?
renzop is offline   Reply With Quote