View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 05:25 AM   #6
jmatta

Hey Chris,

It was good to meet you at the novice event...I'm sorry I didn't have more time to spend talking with you. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your day on four wheels, as opposed to two. Boxsters are pretty amazing track cars since they're so well balanced; 911 guys (me included) have to drive one to experience the feel these cars bring. The rain was not a bad thing, as it kept speeds down and enabled participants to really concentrate on the fundamentals. I was out with my student in novice group 1, and by the end of the day, there were way too many Michael Schumacher wannabees out there missing apexes left and right.

With regard to instruction, sometimes multiple instructors can be a good thing, because you get varied opinions, allowing you to determine which approach is best. Sometimes personalities do not mesh and it can get frustrating...don't let one session spoil your experience. Do give feedback to John Ruther on your instructor experience...it sounds like like third was a bit confused as to what is the "racing line" and "off line" (you handled it correctly, BTW).

Hope to see you out there again...it was nice to see a few other green cars out there, besides mine!

Jerry
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote