View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
lapis986

similar purchase a year ago...

Len A,
I bought a base 02 (lapis metallic with gray interior) with 37K last february and have been driving the heck out of mine. It came from a private owner, a few nicks on the wheels and on the front bumper, a couple of minor door dings. I was planning to use it as a daily driver so a few spots were no big deal for me- not a garage queen. I got the records from the dealer and had them check it out- nice and clean so I bought it the next day. I paid 23K for mine and it had windstop and inserts, manual, 2 keys, floormats and at the closing I found out it has the sport package- bonus for me. Big selling point for me was a warranty to 100K or until next October so I am feeling good about the purchase. The warranty was a $3600.00 cost initially.

For what you are getting, a 45K car when new, with limited miles, I think you are in the right range. definitely find out what options it has and do the KBB.COM look up for fair market value. There are a lot of Boxsters out there so be sure it has what you want. 02's have the plastic rear window- you might want to look for a slightly newer one with glass?
Ultimately, when you drive the car you will be sold. I have enjoyed mine almost every day and put 30K miles on it so far. Had to buy a few tires, installed an ipod adapter, and last weekend i cleaned my MAF for the first time- really easy.

Good luck.
lapis986 is offline   Reply With Quote